We discuss recent news in cloud computing including:
- New features from Amazon Web Services, such as auto-scaling and load-balancing, and how it affects Amazon's eco-system of partners such as RightScale, GigaSpaces and others; as well as AWS coming out of beta and offering SLAs
- Microsoft Azure and whether or not it will help Microsoft attract non .Net developers to it
- CohesiveFT's new VPN-Cubed product
- IBM's announcement that they are offering Lotus Notes as software-as-a-service
We also discuss:
- The potential roles of IBM, HP and Sun in cloud computing
- The recent debate between Tim O'Reilly and Nick Carr on the Network Effect in cloud computing
- The notion of vendor "vision lock-in" -- announcements aimed at making potential customers take pause before selecting a cloud vendor
- and much more...
Please let us know what you think in the comments below and if there any particular topics you'd like us to discuss in future shows. We'll be having notable personalities in cloud computing as guests in upcoming shows - so stay tuned!