Listen to the podcast:
After a long hiatus we are back with the Overcast podcast. In Show #6 we have a discussion with Randy Bias and Michael Sheehan of GoGrid. Some of the topics we cover include:
- The distinction that Randy and Michael have made in their blog posts between a Cloudcenter and Infrastructure Web Services, and the different approach GoGris is taking to cloud computing compared to Amazon Web Services
- The role of Platform-as-a-Service players, such as Google App Engine, and a glimpse into some of GoGrid's thoughts on opening up their infrastructure for other to offer a PaaS on top of it
- Cloud computing standards -- do we need them now and it what is the correct approach for achieving them?
- GoGrid's recent open sourcing of their API and their efforts to work with other cloud providers and related vendors and projects (such as Flexiscale, RightScale and Eucalyptus) to rally around the GoGrid API
- The role of projects such as Puppet and Chef in cloud computing, and GoGrid's plans for these technologies
- GoGrid's Cloud Connect offering - a hybrid model for dedicated and cloud-style hosting
- GoGrid's storage offering
- and more...