Listen to the podcast:
- Javier gives us a general backround on Hyperic and specifically its activities in the cloud, which include CloudStatus.com and the Hyperic HQ Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
- Javier reveals some of Hyperic's developments in the works, including a technology that allows easily instrumenting Java, Hadoop and Memcached applications and exposing the data to CollectD.
- We discuss at length Javier's recent blog post The Cloud Dilemma for Developers, in which Javier writes about the fact that in a cloud environment developers are required to address operational issues, such as monitoring and management.
- Javier explains how application monitoring and management requirements are different in cloud computing, and why he believes traditional tools won't cut it in the cloud
- and lots more...
- Companies and products mentioned in this podcast include Mosso, GoGrid, Google App Engine, Heroku, Amazon Web Services, Salesforce.com, GigaSpaces, Cisco and Windows Azure.